It’s that time of the week you haven’t been waiting for, when I set my iPod to shuffle and tell you all, for no obvious reason, the ten songs it chose.
So, from the bowels of my Man Cave, it’s music time.
Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends.
- Hands Off She’s Mine by the Beat. When Dave Wakelin and Ranking Roger were in the same Beat. Lush.
- One Breath At A Time by Little Feat. From their last album Rooster Rag. Lowell George standard it ain’t but okay for all that.
- (Theme from) the Monkees by the Monkees. Need I say more?
- Arnold Layne by the Wondermints. Cracking cover of the old Floyd classic.
- Beautiful by Matt Darey. Decent bit of trance from Leicester’s finest.
- Heartbreaker by the Bee Gees. Yes, the Bee Gees and not Dionne Warwick, as Bazza launches into his breathy castrato vocals. Almost impossibly, this is better – much better – than Ms Warwick’s version.
- Bigmouth by Underworld. It’s just great, innit?
- Proof of Love by Paul Simon. From his Stranger to Stranger album, Simon proves class is permanent.
- Heart Skips a Beat by Olly Murs ft Rizzle Kicks. Great pop song, honest.
- The Garden (Live) by Take That. Well, I like it!
That’s all, folks!