As a Brucie Bonus (ask your parents, kids), I’ve decided to inflict upon you another music shuffle. Not another Friday shuffle – it’s Sunday for goodness sake – but a Sunday shuffle. An absolutely pointless exercise from my Man Cave, letting the old iPod belt out ten tunes at random and then telling you what they are.
So, with my stacks of Marshall speakers at full volume, welcome back my friends to the show that never ends!
- Stay Free by the Clash. What a start. Arguably my favourite Clash tune from their epic Give Em Enough Rope LP.
- I’m Not Supposed to Care by Gordon Lightfoot. The wonderful Canadian troubadour from his Summertime Dream record.
- Tell Me What You Want (And I’ll Give You What You Need) by the Doobie Brothers. I’ve been a big Doobies fan for approaching 100 years and this joint from What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits is why!
- Real Man by Todd Rundgren. Todd’s appearing quite a lot on my music shuffles and quite right too.
- No More Walks in the Wood by The Eagles. From their ‘final’ (?) album Long Road out to Eden, this is an okay tune which doesn’t really go anywhere. Some great tunes on the record but this isn’t one of them.
- Tower of Strength by Gene McDaniels. The late, great and hugely talented Gene, who never really got the recognition he deserved.
- Promise by Nitin Sawhney. Such a talent, this from his Human LP.
- The Way I Am by Eminem. Well, I like him. And I like his Marshall Mathers LP, too.
- Mourning Sound by Grizzly Bear. Simply magnificent from their 2017 record Painted Ruins. Close to perfection.
- No one’s Girl by the Wondermints. IMHO, the best band who never made it. Great tunes, singers and players.
That’s all, folks!