Yes, it’s here again. That lack of excitement you haven’t been waiting for since the last time. It’s when I plug my iPod into the mountain of Marshall speakers here in my Man Cave and allow it to play what it likes. Then, I tell you about it! Can you think of anything more pointless? Of course not!
So welcome my friends to the show that never ends. Let’s rock!
- Nature boy by Bobby Darin. Secret confession: I love Bobby Darin. Point of information: this tune has nothing to do with ‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair
- High Voltage by AC/DC. From the vastly superior Bon Scott era (IMHO), from the album of the same name.
- Dreamin’ Man by Neil Young. Love Neil’s Harvest Moon record. So beautiful. I’m a dreaming’ man, too.
- Endless Harmony by the Beach Boys. Latter-day Beach Boys just manage to avoid being too sickly on this clumsily worded homage to themselves. Carl Wilson’s heavenly voice, combining with the gorgeous harmonies towards the end, saves the day.
- All The Way Live by the Go! Team. Brighton’s finest from this year’s magnificent Semicircle album. Wonderfully OTT. One of the best records of 2018.
- Just Go Away by Blondie. The fact that I don’t remember this track suggests that Parallel Lines isn’t entirely devoid of filler. It’s obviously the divine Ms Harry but this is a song without a tune, if you know what I mean.
- Heart of Gold by Neil Young. Well, we’ve already had a track from Harvest Moon and now we have one from the epic Harvest record.
- Haunted House by Treetop Flyers. Some tidy folk rock from the talented London boys, whose band is named after a Stephen Stills song about the helicopter pilots during the Vietnam war. Very good band.
- I Can’t Stop Loving You by Ray Charles. Perfect.
- Goodbye Don’t Mean I’m Gone by Carole King. The first lady of music. Lush.
That’s all, folks!