Due to foreseen circumstances, there won’t be a Friday music shuffle tomorrow. I can only imagine how disappointed you aren’t. The upshot is that this Friday’s shuffle will now happen today.
So, as Sir Nodward Holder put it, here it is. 10 tunes chosen at random from my mobile device which holds pretty well my entire music collection.
Live from my Man Cave here in the village, let’s rock:
- Falling by Nitin Sawhney. Simply gorgeous from the Human long player.
- I Don’t Mind by Badfinger. Badfinger should have been massive. Such a great band.
- An Orphan of Future by MGMT. Fabulous stuff by the boys from Connecticut.
- Tin Angel by Bob Dylan. His Royal Bobness growls through a stonking song from his Tempest record. Excellent, all nine minutes of it.
- Yellow Submarine by the Beatles. It’s on Revolver.
- Automatic Stop by the Strokes. Classic Strokes from the Room on Fire album.
- Colorado by Stephen Stills. Countrified brilliance by the great man from the Manassas album.
- Desert Melodie by Songhoy Blues. Kicked out of Mali when Sharia law was imposed by the authorities, the Songhoys continue to make wonderful music in exile. This tune from their album, er, Music In Exile.
- Like I Never Loved You At All by Take That. Yes, Take That, who made one truly great album, Beautiful World, from which this tune comes.
- My Kind of Town by Frank Sinatra. Old Blue Eyes sings about Chicago which is his kind of town.
That’s all, folks!