Hi grapple fans and welcome to this week’s fun-packed edition of the Friday Music Shuffle, in which my music device chooses ten random songs from my collection and I tell you what it’s chosen. And should you wish to listen and sing along, why, just click on the song title.
I hope you find something you like!
- Everybody’s Stalking by Badly Drawn Boy. Back to 1999 for a great track from The Hour Of Bewilderbeast.
- Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana. Am guessing you might have heard this one before. 1.7 billion views on You Tube.
- Door To Door by Creedence Clearwater Revival. From 1972’s largely dreadful Mardi Gras album and this is one of the most dreadful songs on it.
- Florida by Modest Mouse. From 2007’s excellent We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank album, featuring the great Johnny Marr.
- Venus In Furs by The Velvet Underground. Back to 1967 with this Lou Reed tune from The Velvet Underground and Nico long player.
- Strutter by Kiss. For such a crap band, Kiss did occasionally make some decent music. This from their eponymous debut album, released in 1974, is pretty decent, as is the whole album.
- Jethro by Thundercat Feat. Flying Lotus. Short and sweet from 2017’s brilliant album Drunk.
- Metal Guru by T. Rex. From 1972’s The Slider LP but nowhere near as good as Bolan’s classics of the time.
- Jack Frost by Lisa Mychols. A tune from Lisa’s winter/Christmas album Lost Winter’s Dream, released back in 1990. Very jolly.
- You Haven’t Done Nothin’ by Stevie Wonder. Sheer magnificence from 1974’s Fullfillingness’ First Finale.
This week’s Desert Island Disc is the exciting number ten tune, You Haven’t Done Nothin’ by Stevie Wonder.
Have a good week ’til next week!