My loyal reader will be familiar with the format, here. Every Friday, I allow my musical device to play 10 tunes at random from my collection and I tell you what they are. It really is that simple and, frankly, dull.
So, without further ado, let’s rock!
- Ain’t Talkin’ by Bob Dylan. Quality tune from his Royal Bobness’s 2006 album Modern Times,
- Touch Me by the Doors. Touch me by the Doors? Sounds like a euphemism. Much as I think Jim Morrison was a bit of a prat, they still made some decent tunes.
- Echizo by Santana. This comes from Santana’s 24th album, obviously called Santana IV, so called because it reunites most of the Woodstock line-up. And very good it is too!
- Expect No Mercy by Nazareth. Gargling with razor blades, I reckon, Dan McCafferty had one of the great voices of rock and roll.
- Blowin’ My Stack by Weezer. Excellent tune from the band’s 2010 outtake album, Death to False Metal.
- Three Rings by Grizzly Bear. From their 2017 Painted Ruins, top indie rock from across the pond.
- Stan (live) by Eminem feat Elton John. I don’t know about Stan, but clunky old Reg ‘Elton’ Dwight’s ludicrous faux American accent sounds worse than ever on this one.
- All I Want To Do by the Beach Boys. From the 20/20 album and co-written and produced by Dennis Wilson, who would later emerge was a huge creative talent, but not on this track.
- Down On My Knees by Bread. Some rare filler from David Gates and the legendary soft rockers.
- What’s Goin’ on by Michael McDonald. Hugely impressive cover of the Marvin Gate classic by the greatest blue eye of them all.
That’s all, folks!