Yes, it’s that time again. Ten tunes played at random from my music collection and then I tell you what they are.
I’m in my Man Cave so let’s rock!
- Warp by Hydra. One of my favourite southern rock bands who no one else has ever heard of. This from their album Hydra.
- Love Action by the Human League. Phil Oakey and the girls from a mere 39 years ago with a belter from their seminal album Dare.
- Something’s Happening by Herman’s Hermits. Peter Noone and his chaps from 1968 with a tune arranged by – and I am not making this up – John Paul Jones.
- Guilty by the Bee Gees. From their brilliant live album of 1997, One Night Only, this is so good you don’t really miss Barbra Streisand at all.4th
- 4th July, Asbury Park (Sandy) by Bruce Springsteen. This was on the Boss’s second album The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle, first released in 1973. mint.
- Valleys of Neptune by Jimi Hendrix. Recorded between 1969 and 1970, this song was finally released posthumously on the album of the same name in 2010.
- They Can’t Take That Away From Me by Frank Sinatra. The golden oldies shuffle gets even older with this classic from old blue eyes.
- Tracy Hide by the Wondermints. Gorgeous, shimmering harmonies on this beauty from their long player The Wonderful World of the Wondermints.
- All In by Flying Lotus. Classic Brainfeeder music from Mr Lotus from the Until The Quiet Comes album.
- Que Sera Sera (Whatever will be, will be) by Doris Day. Wise words from the delightful Doris.
That’s all, folks!