The sun it shines on a Friday and it’s time for the Friday Music shuffle, so 50% good news for most of you.
Anyway, it’s time to set off the iPod and let it shuffle randomly here in my Man Cave and see what it brings forth.
Welcome my friends to the show that never ends!
1. Lucky by Radiohead. From their sublime OK Computer long player, absolute class.
2. Undone (the Sweater Song) by Weezer. Classic Rivers and co from the eponymously titled Weezer record.
3. Granite by Pendulum. This one’s from the wonderful In Silico record. Imagine being in a club and not leaping about to this?
4. Run Baby Run by Sheryl Crow. Love are Sheryl, as we say in Bristol. Wonderful voice.
5. Everything That Touches You by the Association. America had more than one great harmony band and, entirely predictably, I’ve always loved this one. Comes from their Birthday album.
6. The Legend of Xanadu by Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich. Great memories of Dave Dee cracking his whip on Top of the Pops. No relation to Olivia Newton John’s song of a similar name.
7. Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel. As soon as you hear that magical piano sound from Larry Knechtel, you know you are about to hear one of the greatest songs ever written and Garfunkel’s peak as a singer.
8. America by the Nice. A bit of Keith Emerson here. Belter of a cover of the West Side Story tune.
9. It’s All The Same by the James Gang. Lovely old tune from Joe Walsh and his old band.
10. Victim of Love by the Eagles. Ooh look: it’s Joe Walsh’s unmistakable guitar sound again, this time from the Hotel California album.
That’s all, folks!