Greetings, pop pickers, and welcome to another fun-packed afternoon where my musical device plays ten tunes at random and I tell you what they are.
Welcome to my Man Cave and without further ado, let’s rock!
- You’ll Be Mine (Party Time) by Gloria Estefan. The theme song of our holiday at the Corfu Plaza, St George South on 2000. Those memories, eh?
- Neil Jung By Teenage Fan Club. Jangly guitars from the brilliant Scots indie rockers on their Grand Prix long player.
- Screams by the Blue Oyster Cult. Tune from their eponymous LP of 1972.
- Rhythm Of The Rain by Dan Fogelberg. Lovely old song covered wonderfully well on Fogelberg’s 1990 album The Wild Places.
- Lying In The Snow by the Bees. The Isle of Wight’s finest from their Sunshine Hit Me record. Incredible band.
- (Don’t Go Back To) Rockville by REM. Unusually countrified music from the greatest rock band America ever produced.
- There’s A Touch by the Proclaimers. Well, it’s great, isn’t it?
- Holdin’ On by Skee-Lo. Some sampling of Simply Mick on this one. I don’t know why Skee-Lo wasn’t much bigger.
- Chains Of Love by Ryan Adams. The desperately talented but wayward Ryan with a lovely song from Ashes and Fire.
- Three Lions by the Lightning Seeds feat Frank Skinner and David Baddiel. When this came out, I thought this was the greatest football tune ever. Still do, actually.
That’s all, folks!