Literally one more month of summer before winter begins. Winter is what I call autumn and winter. Six bleeding months of it. So, what better to do now but to play some music? Here my portable music machine plays ten songs from my eclectic collection and I tell you what they are. It’s as simple as that and so am I.
I’m in my Man Cave so let’s get ready to rock!
- Kickin’ It Only School by Airbourne. Shades of AC/DC from the Aussie rockers to whom I owe my tinnitus. Thanks lads.
- She Makes Me Laugh by the Monkees. From their surprisingly good 2016 album Good Times, this one was written by Weezer man Rivers Cuomo.
- Call Me Back Again by Paul McCartney and Wings. After walking on water with the Beatles, Macca was wading through treacle on this one.
- Waterfall by the Stone Roses. Magnificent.
- The World Is Not Enough by Garbage. A rather good Bond theme, IMHO.
- Savior by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. From the excellent Californication long player.
- Ooh Las Vegas by Gram Parsons. Featuring Emmylou Harris, this comes from Parsons’ stellar album Grievous Angel, released posthumously the year following his death in 1973.
- This Heaven by David Gilmour. Top tune from the Floyd man’s 2006 album On An Island, featuring Roxy Music legend Phil Manzanera on guitar and Georgie Fame on his Hammond organ.
- Acquired Dreams by Nitin Sawhney. Fab-U-Lous. From the Prophesy LP.
- Breakout by Stiff Little Fingers. Jake Burns and the boys never got close to making an album remotely as great as Inflammable Material, but who cares? It was, and remains, so good, why even bother to try?
That’s all, folks!