Will this random music shuffle, made my my elderly iPod, played through a bank of Marshall speakers (well, not really) in my Man Cave bring bad luck? It certainly will for those who do not share my eclectic musical tastes.
Nevertheless, here goes. Welcome, my friends, to the show that never ends. Let’s rock.
1. Statues by the Foo Fighters. This is gentle Dave from the Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace long player.
2. Fox on the Run by the Sweet. Great song but I’ve always hated the production, with the vocals too high in the mix and the guitars too low.
3. Same Name by Field Music. Cracker by the brilliant Mackems, from their indispensable Commontime album.
4. All We Make Is Entertainment by the Manic Street Preachers. Still up there among our most important bands, asking the big questions at the same time as making brilliant music. Postcards from a Young Man is a wonderful piece of work.
5. Blowin’ in the Wind by Bob Dylan. Live version from George Harrison’s Concert for Bangladesh way back in 1971 when the ex Beatle assembled rock royalty to raise money in the first of the big fundraiser shows.
6. 1,2,3 by Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine. Some lush latin pop from the Cuban/American superstar. Great pop music.
7. Wallflower by Jordan Rakei. Title track from his brilliant 2017 record. This boy is so talented. #manlove
8. I’ll Never Fall In Love Again by Dionne Warwick. Okay but not a patch on Bobbie Gentry’s version.
9. Love Like Kerosene by Gregg Allman. Great tune from his final record Southern Blood. RIP.
10. Green and Blue by Deep Forest. Sounds literally from the rain forests and jungles set to wonderful ambient, new world music. Comparsa a sensational album.
That’s all, folks!