Better never than late, you might be thinking, but late it is. Late on, after another arduous post Christmas day (as opposed to Day), it’s time to retire to my Man Cave, dust off my iPod and set it free to play ten tunes of its choice.
Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends.
- Fortress by Queens of the Stone Age. Josh Homme and the boys trundle through a track from the excellent Villains long player.
- When Will I Be Loved? by John Fogerty ft Bruce Springsteen. Wondrous cover of the Everly Bros by two absolute legends.
- Kingston Advice by the Clash. From Sandinista, it’s brilliant, of course.
- Let’s Go To San Francisco by the Flower Pot Men. No, not Bill and Ben, but actually some very talented British session musicians, led by the great Tony Burrows, pulling off a wonderful Beach Boys/Brian Wilson pastiche.
- Continuing by Michael Nesmith. Briliance from the former Monkee from his Pretty Much Your Standard Ranch Stash long player.
- The Air That I Breathe by Simply Red. Simply Mick turns the Hollies’ classic into his own.
- Shower Your Love by Kula Shaker. I didn’t realise quite how good they were, or indeed what a back catalogue they had, until I saw them in Bristol a couple of years ago. Brilliant.
- Way Back Home by Prince. From his wonderful Art Official Age record. Great.
- All The Small Things by Blink 182. I think this is a classic.
- Return to Patagonia by Lemon Jelly. From the epic Lost Horizons record, classic electronica.
Thats all, folks!