And now we go live to my Man Cave to listen to some music. Every week, for no obvious reason, I shuffle my music collection and tell you which ten songs came up.
So welcome back my friends to the show that never ends!
- Shake and Pop by Nick Lowe. Classic British rock from Nick’s classic album Jesus of Cool.
- All In by Flying Lotus. From the wonderful Until the Quiet Comes long player, here’s some simply great electronica music.
- Comin’ Home Baby by Mel Torme. A lush, jazzy style beauty from the great Melvin.
- Home Lovin’ Man by Andy Williams. My very favourite Williams tune, written by those brilliant Brits by and Roger Cook, Roger Greenaway and Tony Macauley. The lyrics are beautiful and evocative and make me think of my dad.
- L.A. Woman by the Doors. Although Jim Morrison was not a very nice person, he nonetheless made some great records and this was one of them.
- Spirits Drifting by Brian Eno. Former Roxy man with a tune from his excellent Another Green World album.
- Jungleland by Bruce Springsteen. This is simply great, even by his epic standards. From Born To Run.
- How About by Della Reese. A song I didn’t even know I had. I won’t have it for much longer.
- Overjoyed by Steve Wonder. Pretty much perfect.
- Jazzman by Carole King. This is perfect.
That’s all, folks!