First of all, an apology. Yesterday, I said there would not be time for a Friday Music Shuffle. I was wrong. In fact, there’s plenty of time. Second of all, a further apology. Here’s the official Friday Music Shuffle.
In between Blue Oyster Cult and Massive Attack, I’m back in my Man Cave, cranking up the speakers and here we go with another shuffle from my music collection.
Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends.
- On and On and On by Abba. They really aren’t Marmite. They’re brilliant.
- Last Warm Place by Shur i Khan. Lush chill out music from Shur, whose real name is Tom.
- Bitter with the Sweet by Carole King. Absolutely heavenly.
- Dark and Long (Dark Train) by Underworld. As good as ever.
- Colarado Springs Eternal by Matthew’s Southern Comfort. Lovely, gentle countrified country rock, blessed by the genius of Gordon Huntley’s pedal steel guitar.
- Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress by the Hollies. The boys practice their inner John Fogerty/Creedence Clearwater Revival selves rather well, actually.
- Heroin by the Velvet Underground. As raw and relevant as it was when it was first released. Lou Reed greatness.
- I’m On Fire by the Dwight Twilley Band. Criminally underrated rocker is Dwight. If you like great guitar, great singing and great tunes, what are you waiting for?
- Between the Clock and the Bed by the Manic Street Preachers feat Green Gartside. Superb.
- Forest Power by Deep Forest. More music from the jungle with the French genius boys.
That’s all, folks.