What? Another shuffle? You’re not really going to allow iTunes to pick out yet another ten songs from your library? And you’re going to bore your loyal reader to tears? You are? Okay. Get to the Man Cave now.
Welcome my friends to the show that never ends.
- Haunted House by the Blue Ridge Rangers. From ‘their’ Blue Ridge Riders Ride Again record, John Fogerty belts out some more stonking country tunes. Mint.
- The Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani feat Akon. A quite brilliant pop song. Love this to bits.
- Got To Get You Into My Life by Perry Farrell. No, I have no idea who Perry is. However, this is his cover of Macca’s one from the Art of McCartney tribute record. It’s very nice, too.
- Let’s Pretend by the Raspberries. Back in the days when Eric Carmen wasn’t all by himself, he was in a great band called the Raspberries. And I loved them.
- The Universe if Indifferent by Thom Yorke. From the LP Suspiria: Music for the Luca Guadagnino film. Mint.
- Space Shanty – Leftfield. Leftism is a classic of its genre. Great stuff.
- Great Dream from Heaven by Ry Cooder. Do you have Into the Purple Valley? If not, why not? A lovely little instrumental featuring Cooder’s acoustic guitar and nothing else.
- Rocket in my Pocket by Little Feat. Written and sung by the great Lowell George and from my very favourite Feat album Time Loves A Hero.
- Close My Eyes by the Pierces. From their 2011 album, the brilliant sisters from Birmingham, Alabama never sounded better.
- Blowin’ Free by Wishbone Ash. From their greatest record, Argus in 1973, here’s the band’s all time classic tune.
That’s all, folks.