Welcome my friends to the show that never ends. Well, that’s not entirely true – everything ends one day – but for now, let’s set the iPod loose through the music centre in my man cave.
Yes, it’s the Friday random jukebox.
1. Austin Powers by the Wondermints. The mighty Mints from the soundtrack of the epic Mike Myers movie. Such an underrated band.
2. Stay With me by the Faces. Back in the day when Rod Stewart was a rock singer, here’s the man at his peak.
3. Some Kind of Wonderful by Carole King. The eternally wonderful Carole performing this beauty from her Music album.
4. Walk Like A Man by Grand Funk Railroad. I always liked the Railroad. Some great tunes and some great playing, but I always found the production too thin. PS. This is not a cover of an old Frankie Valli tune.
5. Inside My Head (Blue Skies) by Groove Armada. Let this wash over you. Gorgeous.
6. The Theme from Perry Mason by Ray Conniff. Jesus.
7. Jessica by the Allman Brothers. Yes, the old theme from Top Gear which itself comes from the essential Brothers and Sisters album. That Richard Betts could play a but.
8. Open Your Mind by U.S.U.R.A. Jolly good disco thumper from one of the Rush compilation records.
9. Oxygen to the Brain by Brian Wilson. A terrible song from the largely terrible That Lucky Old Sun album. Time to retire, Brian. I love new music but not when it’s as bad as this.
10. Existing by the Electric Soft Parade. Brighton’s finest with a gem from An American Adventure.
That’s all folks!