Now, it’s Cath’s turn for a music shuffle. Obviously, it won’t be as good as mine (says no one, except me) but there you go.
- Run to the Sun by N*E*R*D. Nothing Nerdish about N*E*R*D on this cracking tune.
- Tapestry by Carole King. Title of track of one of the greatest albums of all time.
- Pedestal by Fergie. Some decent R&B here and Fergie is not the former Manchester United supremo.
- Burn It Down by Dexy’s Midnight Runners. From their (brilliant – CJ) first album Searching for the Young Soul Rebels.
- Kiss Me (Mixe Plural) 12″ mix by Stephen TinTin Duffy. Overlong, though still a belter, from the highly talented TinTin.
- Depression by Courtney Barnett. From her simply sublime album Sometimes I Sit and Think and Sometimes I Just Sit. She’s wonderful.
- The Game of Love by Santana feat Michelle Branch. This duet works wonderfully well. Summer music.
- The Right Profile by the Clash. “That’s Montgomery Clift, honey.” Mint! (From London Calling, in case you didn’t know!)
- Scrutinizer Postlude by Frank Zappa. An acquired taste. From Joe’s Garage, which you pronounce as if you were rhyming with ‘Farage’.
- For Once In My Life by Stevie Wonder. Literally perfect.
That’s all, folks!