Lazy Sunday afternoon and I’m compiling a random shuffle from a playlist I might a couple of years which features some of my very favourite tunes. I’ll bet you’ve been waiting for this for ages! You haven’t?
Ah, well. Live from my Man Cave in the village, here’s a (not) very special run through of some tunes, chosen at random by the elderly iPod.
Welcome my friends to the show that never ends.
1. Letter of Intent by Ducktails. Truly gorgeous song, topped with a lovely vocal from Jessa Farkas.
2. 11th Dimension by Julian Casablancas. Yes, the Strokes chap, from his Phrazes for the Young album.
3. Freeway by the Producers. Some band this, featuring Lol Creme and Trevor Horn.
4. The Faith Healer by the Sensational Alex Harvey Band. When I was at school, I used to go round my friend Jeff’s house to hear Mad old Alex’s record Next. I’ve loved this great song ever since.
5.Black or White by Michael Jackson. Jacko at the absolute peak of his powers IMHO. Love the guitar intro by Slash and the stunning bass line by the late, great Terry Jackson. And of course those lyrics. Genius.
6. Amor by Los Amigos Invisibles. Lush from Venezuela’s finest from the album Arepa 3000, a Venezuelan journey into space.
7. Sunshine’s Better by John Martyn (Talvin Singh remix). Literally perfect summer music.
8. Listen To Her Heart by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. My most played 12″ single ever. From the You’re Gonna Get It long player.
9. Sunshine by Jonathan Edwards. No, not the triple jumper: the American folk singer!
10. Two Months Off by Underworld. Simply magnificent. They will never top this.
That’s all, folks!